Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hola de San Ramon

Mi nombre es Dick from Mission B.C.
En Costa Rica me llamo Ricardo.
I am visiting Greg here for a few weeks and am very grateful for his hospitality. I am one who needs a touch-stone when dropped into a different world but am quick to adjust and I am feeling much more comfortable sooner than I would have been without his friendly guidance. Greg shows enthusiasm and confidence in his southern home. We share a desire to learn Spanish and are coaxing each other along. Soon, I hope, we can arrange for a tutor or lessons here so that our learning becomes more efficient and idiomatically correct. We each have been studying the language now for about two years and this experience here in San Ramon is already beginning to foster improvement. We wandered around the university yesterday looking for any information regarding lessons. In that I have resolved not to be timid but to jump right into opportunities for conversation; this leads to some humbling moments. However, all advice is to blurt it out and this is the program 'para me'.
There have been some huge rain storms these last few days, attributed to a hurricane somewhere nearby I'm told. This morning, Nov.7th looks clearer and the emerging sun reminds me of the need for a new sombero. That is my purpose for today, to shop for a straw hat and harass the natives. Hasta luego, Ricardo

1 comment:

  1. ¡Hola Ricardo! ¿Me recuerdas? - me llamo Maureen. Nostros tomamos los clases de Espanol en el verano, dos anos pasada. - I don't even know if that is correct. After a year and a half of night classes and summer institutes, my Spanish is still very primitive. I hope you and Greg find a great tutor or lessons - I'm sure you've both come a long way from the beginner lessons of 2 summer's ago.

    Have an awesome time there! (y ¡Hola Senor Greg tambien!)

    ReplyDelete