Friday, February 12, 2021

Back to San Ramón: January 2021: My Morning Feb 12

It's been a long while since I posted an entry to the blog (years,in fact). I had to return at this unique time to take care of some important issues regarding our house (taxes, obligations to submit a financial report to the government and to tend to some necessary repairs). This morning, I went for a short shopping trip and thought I would share my walk with you.
I maintain that it's always good practice to find landmarks that might guide you in the right direction; now let's see; am I headed towards town or Puntarenas?
I figured so, but there's no need to be overconfident: follow the trail, look for familiar markings. I don't know about you, but I am finding I have less and less confidence in my capacity to effectively retrieve reliable data from the memory banks....where was I? ohhhh, the walk. Since my prior posting,a great deal of development has taken place in our rustic barrio of Santaguita. Some massive houses have been built on the hills that we live on.
On the way to the store, I met an old friend who parks his truck in front of the ferreteria and sells jugo de cana to those in need of a refresher.
One of advantages that Elizabeth and I share is there aren't a lot of people living in San Ramon who resemble us (well me, at least - Elizabeth often pays 'Tico' prices for admission to National Parks and other attractions- Gregory, not so much). When we return we're recognized and acknowledged by many locals as long-term, part-time residents. After a short walk, maybe .7 km, I reach the intersection that leads to El Centro to find a couple of students, who attend the local campus of the University of Costa Rica, displaying thier talents to passing traffic in the hopes of augmenting their finances.
I reach the fruit and vegetable store
purchase my healthy goodies and head home. Time to enjoy a fresh, fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment